Sunday, June 30, 2013

I have been working on Little Fairies at Play this last week.  The end of page 3 is in site.  I really enjoy working on this one.  Good thing as it has been 2 years, I am still on page 3 and there are a total of 28 pages.  I will be working on this one for a while.  That gives me 20,006 stitches complete.

I ran (or jogged/walked) my first 5K yesterday.  It was cross country which I had not practiced for.  But the weather was nice and hot - no rain.  I did not come in last, which is good and I finished under 45 minutes (43:03) which was what I was aiming for.  Lots of room for improvement.  I just don't enjoy running.  Walking/Hiking yes but not running.

Down to 2 weeks til I leave for the Grand Canyon.  They are having record high temps out west.  We are going to take our time hiking and avoid injuries.  Still gathering up all of the small last minute items we need.  Then to start packing and hope I don't forget anything.

This week I dealt with an issue that had been bothering me.  I came right out and asked where I stood in a new relationship.  I got the answer I expected and find myself back in the friend zone/alone.  Good thing I have alot of projects to occupy my time and mind.  I will be concentrating on the Grand Canyon and deal with the aloneness when I return.

I turned 50 this past week.  Time has just flown by.  I still feel like I did at 20.  Workmates decorated my desk and gave me cards and a nice cactus planter.  Then my x sister-in-law and brother-in-law took me out to dinner.  That side of the family still speaks to me even though I am no longer married to her brother.  Today after church my daughter and son-in-law are taking me out for lunch.

It is a short work week as they are giving us Friday off as well as Thursday.  Hope the weather cooperates so I can get alot of yardwork done.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Happy 50th! I will be 50 later this year, so I can relate:)
Sorry to hear that your relationship didn't turn out like you'd hoped. Feeling alone is never a good feeling. Small consolation, but you still have us, your stitching friends!
Little Fairies is coming along beautifully. I'm really enjoying watching your progress on this one.
I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip, and that nothing but happiness awaits you when you return!

SueH said...

I’m not surprised you’ve been doing this for two years Cathy, I bet it’s a pig to work on with all those shades of Green. It’s looking amazing thought, so well worth all your hard work.

Have a wonderful holiday
Happy Stitching!
Sue
x